Selling for Non-Residents One of the biggest factors in determining how you can be successful selling your property as a non resident is choosing an agent that can serve your individual needs and serve as a reliable connection point between you and the Vancouver market where your property resides. Consider the following aspects that will be critical to the success of your listing:
- Local Market Knowledge – From the Downtown core to the Tricities, Greater Vancouver has a diverse range of market characteristics and trends. Our in depth knowledge of these nuances and how to leverage them can make all the difference in selling your property for top dollar.
- Facilitation and Flexibility – We pride ourselves in accommodating our clients needs by communicating within their time zone and availability. We will utilize our local network of agent contacts and staging/marketing services to prepare your property for success, even when you can’t be there. We can also refer you to other trusted businesses such as real estate lawyers and notaries who will be necessary in facilitating your transaction.
- The Latest Technology – From Skype and social media to digital document sharing, we pride ourselves in making the sales process for our non-resident sellers simple, seamless, and as hands-free as possible.
- normally, customarily, or routinely live in another country and are not considered a resident of Canada; or
- do not have significant residential ties in Canada; and
- you live outside Canada throughout the tax year; or
- you stay in Canada for less than 183 days in the tax year.